Friday, January 25, 2013

Herbed Goat Cheese Spread

Turns out there is an internationally recognized goat cheese producer and cookbook author right here in my Alabama neck of the woods!  Yep, Fromagerie Belle Chèvre is located in Elkmont, AL about 10 miles away.

So the choice of goat cheese for this  Herbed Goat Cheese Spread from America's Test Kitchen was a no brainer since I like to support and shop local as much as possible.  And this cheese is available at our local Costco, too.   

The recipe calls for fresh chives and thyme.  I took the cheapy way out and used dried chives and my home dried thyme.  My apologies to Belle Chevre for that!  I just didn't have a use planned for the whole package of fresh herbs.   



Just mix the cheese with the herbs and a little extra virgin olive oil, milk, salt and pepper.  



It's a healthy and quite satisfying snack on a whole wheat cracker.  I'll be sharing this with my Mother.  She doesn't eat cows milk products and does occasionally eat goats milk products.

Now I can't wait to get the fresh thyme growing again this spring!  In the meantime, maybe I'll substitute the thyme with basil, dried oregano or a dried italian blend.  And I wonder how cilantro and jalepeno would be mixed up with Belle Chevre?  Sounds like some more blog posts in the future on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...