Monday, February 27, 2012

He loves me anyway



Letter art was one of the first blog-inspired projects that I made.   I don't consider myself creative enough to come up with my own unique ideas, especially with all the great inspiration on the web.  It's overwhelming!  But usually when someone handcrafts something, it carries a story with it which is unique.

This NOEL art from Pottery Barn is nice, but who wants NOEL on their mantel 24 x 7 x 365?   


This is my version, and this Word can withstand the test of time 24 x 7 x 365.


The frame is a cabinet door that I got from the Habitat Restore.    I painted and distressed the outside edges.  Scrapbook paper and Modge Podge covers the background.   The letters from the Hob Lob I painted to match the paper.    Like many things I made in the past, I gave it away.  I was honored that my friend hung it above her piano.  She's an amazing person, I'll tell you about her one day.

He loves me anyway.

1 Corinthians 13
 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I don't deserve it.  God loves me anyway.

I'm linking up with

4 comments:

  1. You're more creative than I am. I look at something and nothing comes to me. But, that's a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job! Do glad you found the party and joined in. I also host a newbie party every Monday and would love to have you next week. This copy cat party was in lieu of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry, this is just amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...