Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fried Apple Pies

On our last trip to Blue Ridge, GA, we stopped in at Mercier's Orchard.   I couldn't resist getting something from the bakery, it smelled so good!   Not knowing what I would do with them, I also got some dried apples.  But in full disclosure, I think I had fried apple pies in the back of my mind.  I love 'em!

I can't say that working with dough is one of the more enjoyable things in life for me, so this Easy Fried Pies recipe caught my attention.

The dough is simplified by using canned biscuits (I know, don't hate!). 

I chose the flaky kind.


The recipe called for Allspice which I didn't have.  And since I was still in my Saturday comfy clothes with only my first cup of coffee, going to the store was not an option!  



So with my cup of coffee in hand, I did a quick google search where I found an Allspice substitute.   Who knew!?

The 2 tablespoons of apple mixture squishes out the sides!  I just hope it doesn't open up while it's frying.


Fry 'em in a cast iron skillet.



Go ahead and let them get a little more than golden brown so the top layer will be flaky.




Pour another cup of coffee and eat two....or more.

Since fresh apples are now coming in by the bushels and truckloads, I'm looking forward to seeing more Apple Pies here: 

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Those look good. I don't "do" dough so the biscuit thing might work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally have the best recipes! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's funny how many of us tried to avoid making dough LOL I used cheerios to make my crust. Love your little pies! Jen #16

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, oh, my these look amazing! Great CCC recipe! I'm #17 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic. I love that you can biscuits and they are so adorable looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you used the store-bought biscuits. Easy, and they look absolutely delicious. Nice choice! #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not done dough well I have made apple pies but you say they are canned biscuits. Really. Like a baby type of cookies. I have them.

    They sure look yummy.

    My mouth is watering along with that cofee mug filled up you have.
    I made yesterday Sat. Banana loaf it was real good. Then I got braver and put in some sunflower seeds in the batter.No shells of course. In the oven all cooked with the right ingredients it says. It was my hubby and I's specialty. Yours look mighty good though. You say fried. Hmmm. You can sure learn something different can't you. At any age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Diddle Daddle. You have all kids of pies looking at me.
    I got my eye on that crumbled Carmel Pie.

    What a choicee of apple pies.

    Glad it is bed time Or I may be doing a two mile jog to the nearest

    cornor country store. Night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to make sure that it is very important to see whether or not his is something that is going to improve in many way.
    best bar to watch sports

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot! Walkie talkie iPhone watch

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...