Friday, October 5, 2012

Sling glide chairs

It's fall and it's still nice out here for the most part, so come on over and have a seat...

Ok, well you might not want to choose THESE chairs to sit in.  Ugh!


Let the makeover begin!  Remove the nasty green canvas and sand the wood a bit.


We used this product on the boathouse so I know it will be good for the wood on the chairs.


Brush it on and let it dry.


The stain sealer makes the wood much nicer, almost looks new!



I just measured the nasty green canvas and cut the same measurement out of Sunbrella fabric.  It's indoor/outdoor fabric, but it is lighter weight than the original heavy duty canvas.  So I sewed two pieces together back to back to make it heavier.  Using the handy staple gun (that I love), I attached the fabric to the wood frame.


Now, won't you have a seat?

Sharing here:

Flaunt It Friday

The Shabby Nest

2 comments:

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...