Tuesday, October 23, 2012

PW Beer Braised Beef with Onions Crockpot Style

This dish was the beginning of a Pioneer Woman marathon day of cooking.  We are always accusing our 20 year olds of burning the candle at both ends, but we are guilty of it, too!

On the day of my upholstery class...the day before we leave at 6 am on a road trip so I need to pack...the same day I want to make a home baked gift to take on the trip...the day before my daughters will be home for the weekend and I won't be :(  I made this Beer Braised Beef with Onions.  It was great in the crockpot.   I'm a little behind on my Sweet As Pie Cooking Club recipes, this is one of our October selections.

I used fresh thyme from my herb pots and dried rosemary.   I used this same process for rosemary, thyme and oregano so I'm hoping to have enough dried herbs from these plants to last through the winter.


After braising the meat and veges according to the recipe, I just layered the ingredients in the crockpot the same way PW did in the dutch oven.  I used lite beer since that's what we had on hand.  The beef needed to be done by dinner time, I turned the crockpot on High and cooked it until the meat pulled apart easily with a fork.  Serve with mashed potatoes. 



This is definitely for the meat and taters men (and women, too) in your life.  It is easy and we both loved it! 

I think I'll have some leftovers again tonight.  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. my husband is a meat and potato kind of guy...I am more of a pasta and pizza person. Will have to try this one for him!

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...