Sunday, October 28, 2012

PW Chicken Spaghetti

This dish is the third dish of my PW marathon cooking day.   

It really was a full cooking day because I had put the chicken in the crock pot to cook overnight.  I am not a real big fan of dishes that need to be cooked and then baked.  I was either really in a cooking mood that day or a gluten for punishment by making the dough for the Pecan Pie AND a dish that had to be cooked twice!

This Chicken Spaghetti was for the college kids who were going to be home while I wasn't :(.   Yes they could have just eaten out, but I don't like them to do that all the time and our bank account doesn't like it either!  Plus, I wanted to send some leftovers back with them.

With the onion, bell pepper, cream soups, chicken and lots of cheese you can disguise that whole wheat pasta that you have been hiding on the shelf.  I like the whole grain pastas, but my family doesn't.  In this dish, you couldn't really tell it was whole grain and it made the dish slightly healthier (but only slightly)!




It makes a BIG casserole dish full!  More than the stated 6-8 servings.  Perfect for a bunch of hungry kids and some leftovers too.



Whew, I'm wiped out!  I may not cook again until Thanksgiving! 

;)

1 comment:

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...