Monday, October 22, 2012

When Vintage Stinks

Sometimes vintage just stinks.  You know that musty old smell!   



I finally finished my fall mantel and it has that "vintage" smell.   That window frame was left out in the weather so it smells old and musty.   Note to self: don't leave the weathered vintage items out in the weather, even if you like the weathered look :)!


That linen orb got a do over and I like this version much better!  It's scrapbook paper and Modge Podge covering the ball.



My favorite out of three repurposed wine bottles, made it to the mantel (the other 2 might end up in the recycle bin!). 



The leaf drawing is one that my daughter did in elementary school.  One day I have got to get it framed!

Sharing at:


4 comments:

  1. the mod podge ball looks like something I need to do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe use some essential oil spray on foilage to help mask the musty odor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean with the old musty smell. Your mantel is perfect with your display. Love the leaf display made by your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mantle looks great. I love the balls. And, yep, I have a few things that smell of vintage.

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...