Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Out of my comfort zone

A few months ago I agreed to help lead a new young adult Sunday school class.  After spending more than 10 years in children's ministry, this is way outside my comfort zone!  I can lead on a first grade level, but lead adults?   Children are so eager, adults can be so reserved.

They say that young adults age 20-40 these days want God and a spirit filled life, but are not interested in church as it is today.  How do they worship if not with other believers?  I don't know.

A couple of weeks ago, I shared my story with the new class.  That's what we're called to do, God put the opportunity there so I told them about it.  It's not a story of surviving hopeless addiction or abuse or anything like that.  It is a story of how God worked in my life.  It is a story of how, if one finds themselves in a situation where the decisions they make aren't working out, God is ALWAYS there for us and will lead our decisions.  We just have to be willing to let Him lead and have faith in his leadership.  AND realize that we are not perfect.  We do make mistakes and He DOES forgive us.

There are currently 3-6 people attending this class.  Pray for me and this group of young adults.

It's exciting, yet so out of my comfort zone!





 

2 comments:

  1. stepping out of the boat is the only way we can walk on water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave woman for more than one reason. Great job stepping out there.

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...