Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cooking Club: Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice

Making fried rice and other asian inspired dishes at home has been on my to cook list for a while now.  Especially since one of my daughters LOVES fried rice.  Unfortunately she is away at college and not at home to enjoy Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice with us.  But I was glad to look up a basic fried rice recipe for her to try for herself.   

This is her plate.  She said the rice was missing something but it was still good.  I'm proud of her for trying this.  It saves money at college and should be healthier than ordering take-out.



And this is my plate of pork chops with pineapple fried rice.  For some reason, I've become less interested in taking pictures of the process and just try to get a shot of the final product!


The Bassman liked this dish and fixed a plate of leftovers for his lunch the next day.  Now we have a new way to prepare pork chops.  Next time, I may use the bone-in cut for more flavor instead of the boneless although the boneless cook faster.

The pineapple could have been much better if I used fresh.  But at $4.99 each, more than the pork chops costs, I chose just to give the canned slices a try.  I love pineapple, so the canned version was still good.

To top it off, we added a sprinkle of green onion on top!

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I wouldn't have spent that much on fresh pineapple either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I didn't know pineapples were so expensive!...obviously I have never bought a pineapple before

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...