Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Handmade Napkins: Blue and Brown

Looking at all the great fabric choices out there is more fun than eating!  Seems I'm been stuck on food posts lately, I just had to throw that out there.

The new house is ready and now it's time for a housewarming gift.    I have seen this particular homeowner wear blue and brown.  Casual and contemporary is the look I was hoping for.


I chose floral prints to go along with dots and circles.


These are so easy to make.

I like this one, kind of feminine with the pink.

Just choose the fabrics.  This is the hardest part because there are so many to choose from.  Cut the fabric in a 17x17 square (or whatever size you want them to be).

This one is my favorite.

With right sides together, stitch around the edges leaving an opening about 3" long.

No.  This one is my favorite.

Turn it inside out.  Press.  Top stitch around the outside edge making sure you close that 3" opening along with the topstitch.

No. No.  THIS one is my favorite.

I like them all!

Now on to a happy home!


2 comments:

  1. those are beautiful! I like the mixed patterns, I really is a great housewarming gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I went through when I saw mine. This one . . . no, this one . . . they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...