I started out trying to make a pattern for the lampshade. I would never make it as a graphic designer because my pattern ended up with 6 sides when the lampshade only has 4! Haaa ha ha! I have no idea how that happened!
I decided to "fit" the fabric to the shade.
Like so, place the fabric over the shade and shape it around. I made a few pencil marks to help out.
Using Easy-Tack, spray the shade all over the outside.
Press the fabric onto the shade and trim. I trimmed a little at a time until I got the fit that I was looking for.
Turn under the edges and use the hot glue gun to secure it under the shade.
I love the burlap covered lampshades at the Pottery Barn. This fabric with a loose weave worked well for this project.
I spray painted the lamp stand using brushed nickel. Just do a few light coats for an even finish.
Had to pet the kitty because I have ignored him all this time.
I am satisfied with how it turned out. Much better than the original lamp! Maybe I'll use burlap for the next one.
And I think the kitty is trying to tell me something...
I have a yellow lamp just like the blue one...thinking of my next lamp transformation...
I'm joining these parties:
The Lamp Challenge over at the