Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tag, you're it!

Last week I was spring cleaning blogging along and saw an email where I had been tagged!    Huh?  What?  How?   Lori at Bleak 2 Unique tagged me!  I like Lori's blog and enjoy her craftiness and before and afters and that she shares her faith with us. 

I quickly learned that Tag is a bloggie get t0 know you game!  Fun!  I haven't played tag in years! 

Here's the way it works:

Post a photo and 11 random things about yourself 
Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asks
Create 11 new Questions for the people you tag!
Contact them and let them know they have been tagged!


I'm it, huh?  Post a photo?  Well, just take a look over there at my profile...yeah, that's me.

11 Random Things about Me...
1.  How's this for random...I just finished a tube of SweetTart candy.  It seems to be my favorite lately.
2.  Grandbaby #2 is on it's way.  Another girl.  Can't wait to spoil her!
3.  I come from a large family, 4 brothers and a sister.  There was no way and still is not possible to keep up with everything we are all doing.
4.  My favorite color is blue.  Can you tell?  Actually, there's a reason for the blue on my blog.  I'll post all about that one of these days.  Stay tuned.
5.  I'm a Mom of twins.   One child is a blessing and two is a double blessing. 
6.  I don't like to run.  I do exercise almost daily, love aerobic classes, walking and weights but don't expect me to run.  (Unless I need to run from something, I guess!)
7.  I love Reubens.  Whenever I eat at a new restaurant, I get the Reuben if it's on the menu.  With mustard please, no thousand island dressing.
8.  I love that scarves have been in style, I wear one every chance I get!
9.  I am ready to go to the mountains.  Maybe Blue Ridge.
10.  I am also ready to go to the beach.  The gulf, of course, or maybe the Bahamas.
11.  I have an IT background and my patience is thinning.  I sometimes get frustrated with blogger and my 3 year "old" computer.  Am I alone? 


Now for my answers to Lori's questions:

1. How much time a week do you spend blogging?

It varies really.  I just do it for fun so at least 10 hours.   Multiplied by 14 if you count Tagging posts like this one and Liebster Award posts.  LOL!

2. How many different states have you lived in, and which one is your favorite?

I have lived in one state my whole life.   Neither college or career or family or any other reason has interested or required me to move.  Alabama is my favorite :).
 
3. Are you a "half glass full", or a "half glass empty" kinda person? Explain a little

I'm a realist with a half glass full.  I find that I'm usually hopeful when others are saying "nah, no way".   There are times when we find ourselves in circumstances that we'd rather not be in so stay positive.  There is ALWAYS hope.  Nothing lasts forever!

4. Can you laugh at yourself? Give an example

Yes, I am laughing at myself now as I am answering these questions!  Not that the questions are bad, it's just me.  I guess you have to be here...

5. When you lay down to sleep...what do you think about?...or do you just sleep?

Fortunately when I lay down, I just sleep.  Unless the night sweats wake me up and I find myself thinking about my to-do list!   Just being real, my friends.

6. Would you consider hosting a HGTV show? What would you call it and what would you do?

I would be flattered at the opportunity, but nah, not for me.  I don't like being the center of attention.  I find it difficult sometimes to speak to a small audience much less thousands!  If Kevin and Layla of  The Lettered Cottage couldn't get a HGTV spot, then I know I'm way down on the list.  I'll stick to my just-for-fun blog!

7. How many Pinterest pins have you actually done? If so, was it successful?

I've done 32.  Yes, I actually counted!  I cook pretty often so it's not too difficult to knock out a recipe that I have pinned to try.    That and a handful of crafts.  I am a slooooww crafter and seamstress.   I would consider all but 1 a success.  It was a recipe with italian sausage.  Not bad, just not a keeper.

8. Does your TP roll over or under?...(Over is the ONLY way:)

Agree, over is the only way!  'Nuff said.

9. How many pets do you have?...What are they?

Let me be clear...my daughters have 4 pets.  When the girls were little, I didn't have time for pets.  Yet I knew the value of a pet to a child.   So I reluctantly agreed to having pets and had the whole "you're responsible" conversation.  Since they are away at college now, I had no choice but to adopt the pets as mine.  I mean, who else is going to feed and pet them?  And the cats need a face to swish their tail in when they jump in your lap, right?   We...er I...have 2 dogs and 2 cats.

10. When was the last time you played a board game? What game was it?

It's been a few years ago.  We had a ball with Apples to Apples.

11. Have you bought an area rug lately? If so, what brand, style, color etc. was it?

Nope, I have not.  I hope to be shopping for one one of these days after I get the hardwood floor installed!  My latest purchase was a couple of small sisal (I think) rugs to try in the sunroom.    I got them at Old Time Pottery so they were cheapo.  I love the natural look of the rug in a sunroom environment and just wanted to see how they would do before I purchased a large one.

It's been fun and as newbie blogger, I'm getting back to some  posts that are piling up and some much needed updates to my blog header, I mean look at how plain it is!  Maybe I'll come back to this one day and tag some others...how many was it...11 questions?


Kerry

3 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers here, Kerry! And, I just stopped by to thank you SO much for the Liebster! You really made my day!! It was a bit of encouragement at exactly the right time! My blog numbers have suddenly stalled, so thanks to this wonderful dose of encouragement, I will not let that get to me!
    Hope you have a fantastic week!
    xo-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful it offered encouragement when needed ... must have been why I came across your blog :). Have a wonderful Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. Hey Kerry, Thanks so much for joining the tag...I loved learning more about you. Blue is my favorite too. Lori

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...