Monday, March 19, 2012

Simple Spring Mantel

Come on Spring!  I think the extra-warm temps have me impatient for spring.  And of course, all the wonderful spring ideas, crafts, mantels, and tablescapes get me excited too.

When decorating the mantel, I start out simple.  And usually add to it and adjust over the course of a few days...or weeks.  Or until something else takes my attention totally away from it, then I call it finished!

 
My friend painted the "faith" canvas.  I've known her since she was a little girl and she's in college now.   I had no idea she was so talented and I was happy to purchase some of her art!   The vases have a story too.  I'll share that later in another post.


This little bird came from The Dollar Tree.  I brought him home last fall and planned to spray paint him.   But I think his color fits right in with the black lines on the painted canvas. 


Not sure if he's happier sitting on the crate or on the nest!



Happy Spring!

Kerry

I'm linking up today at:

 Boogieboard Cottage
 The Lettered Cottage

2 comments:

  1. They was very nice of the friend to paint the canvas, I have been wanting some fresh yellow forsythia but maybe in a week I'll be able to cut some. I see a little blooming. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message. You may want to remove the message identification on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the tip. I hope you're enjoying the forsythia soon!

      Delete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...