The wood is a cabinet or drawer front that came from the Habitat Restore. I used paint that I already had since it wasn't going to take much to cover it. The hooks didn't come with screws so after a trip to Lowes, we had antique finish screws to match the metal hook. The Bassman helped out with the drill.
This project was done before I started my blog, so that means it was done without making a lot of pictures to show.
I'm finding that the end result of my projects are "lightly distressed", but the girls are happy with it and that's what matters. The college house decor has to be "cute", and I may not know what is cute and what is not...just sayin. After sanding the edges and toning down the bright yellow, I sent it on it's way to Tuscaloosa. The girls attached it to the wall with 3M command strips since it's not very heavy.
Here's the key holder in use.
Have a great weekend!