Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Forward to New Life

Last summer I planted a few herbs in pots.  I used them as often as I could in the dishes that I made.  So flavorful, much better than dried.  Even looked for recipes to use the fresh greens...chives, oregano, cilantro, thyme and mint.  I moved them indoors into the sunroom for the winter trying to prolong their life.  I didn't have a clue if they would do well or not.  I'm not really much of a gardener much less an indoor gardener!   One warm sunny southern winter day, I put them back outside for a good watering and dose of sunshine, and forgot about them!  Oh no, frostbite!

But with spring comes new life.  And the oregano seems to have survived my treatment of it.


Oregano
 And mint is a survivor too.  When the Bassman mixes a mojito, all I have to do is go out and grab some fresh mint!


Mint
 There are a few lonely green leaves struggling on the thyme plant, not sure it will come back though.  There is always hope.



Thyme
  Just like these plants endure and survive the circumstances they are in, we can endure and survive our circumstances too.  All we need to do is look to Christ, the giver of new life! 


Kerry

1 comment:

  1. I have a few neglected pots from last year with little green spots showing up! Mostly unexpected!

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...