Tuesday, May 29, 2012

PW Restaurant Style Salsa

It's time to make the Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa.  It's one of the May selections for the Sweet As Pie Cooking Club.   I have a very good salsa recipe that I use when fresh tomatoes are available.   The stuff in the jar is nothing to write home about, so I was looking forward to trying this.

I don't have a food processor, so I put that humongous-counter-space-hog Margaritaville machine to use for another purpose.  And it's going to be full!


Add the Rotel.  I used 2 cans of Original.


Add the pretty greens and garlic.


Add onion too.  Yep, it's very full. 


Full to the brim!


I'm not waiting an hour to sample this.


The scoops work best since I like a lot of salsa on my chip and less on my chin or shirt or lap!


I took this to the beach and everyone snacked on it and commented how good it was.  I made another batch and took it to my neice's graduation celebration and everyone there enjoyed it too!  Everyone was amazed it was made from canned tomatoes.

It is good!  No more salsa in the jar at my house!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Yumm! I am sharing this with my husband because he has had the itch to make some salsa. Would it be bad to only eat this for dinner??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Another I'll have to try. We love salsa.

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...