Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Nekked Jalapeno Poppers

If you want to make really good baked jalapeno poppers make these Emeril's jalapeno poppers

If all you really care about is the jalapeno and cheese, like me, make nekked jalapeno poppers like this:



Marlene at Isom's Orchard knew we were going to make jalapeno poppers so she gave us the freshest "just picked today" and BIGGEST jalapenos she had!  They were huge and yummy!

I piled the cheese mixture in the jalapeno.  Put them on the grill until the cheese is melted and the jalapeno is slightly softened.  Or just bake them like in the recipe link above. 

Forget the breading, who needs it anyway?   Who's playing?  It doesn't matter, I'm cheering for the tailgate!

Serve on the tailgate at game time.  Roll Tide.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! those are big jalapenos! You are making me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I didn't know that Marlene married into that family until a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby just hijacked all the jalepeno's I got and made some hot sauce while I was gone ... drats ... those look good so I need to get some more now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about the cheese and peppers, so these are right up my alley. Thank you for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo this week. Good to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These nekked peppers were popular at last week's See Ya In the Gumbo. They are being featured this week!

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...