Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday @ the Well

I grew up going to church and I didn't always want to go.   It was only when I realized that I needed God's positive influence, that I returned to church.  This was after the long church vacation that some of us take during our twenties!

My daughters grew up going to church and they didn't always want to go either.  I encouraged them to learn, keep an open mind and make a few friends along the way.  So as they left for college, I prayed and encouraged them to find a place to worship.  Do something to keep God in their lives.  God is always here, it's us that moves away.

This summer my daughters wanted my sister and I to come to Tuscaloosa for a visit and see a movie.  And go to worship with them.  Wow, what a sweet blessing to hear that invitation!  We enjoyed our visit and had a lot of fun.

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine from high school lost her daughter.   The day I heard about it I couldn't stop thinking about it.  And I think about it often since then. 

I thought I would send a card.  It seemed like it wasn't enough, such a small thing to do.  I felt like the encouraging words on that card would get lost in the tasks my friend had in front of her.  So I intentionally waited and didn't send it right away.

Her daughter was 22 with so much life ahead!   Here I am planning and enjoying being with my daughters while my friend is hopefully starting to heal.  I've never been in her situation.  Only God knows what's ahead.  No matter what, I know I will be needing His positive influence.

I pray for His comfort for my friend and that she knows He is there. 

Now it's time to send that card!

2 comments:

  1. yes, life is short, for some shorter than others. Praying for comfort for that family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good idea. I thought the same thing, but sent mine right away. I should send another.

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...