Monday, April 7, 2014

Creole Beef Grillades and Cheese Grits

Let's see, where was I?

Creole Beef Grillades and Cheese Grits was my selection waaaay back in November for the Sweet As Pie Cooking Club.   I wanted to make one of Chef John Besh's dishes.  I saw his show on APT and he prepared this dish using pork.  When I searched the internet to check out the recipe, I ran across the beef version and decided to give it a try.  A grillade is a traditional dish of south Louisiana.  I saw where Emeril and Paula Deene also have a version.


I was concerned about the beef being tough, but it cooks a while so it turns out tender.  I just threw together some cheese grits and didn't try John's version.  The sauce is good stuff and the star of this dish!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. You have me craving this dish! I like it best with beef too.

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...