Friday, April 11, 2014

Pepper Jelly Glazed Carrots

Last summer, we enjoyed every jalepeno we could!  Not wanting to waste not even one, I searched for recipes that used jalepenos.  Most recipes used only 1 jalepeno, maybe 2.   Except pepper jelly.  Should I make pepper jelly?  Hmm.  I don't even think about pepper jelly except at Christmas, poured over that hunk of cream cheese and eaten with crackers.  One can only eat so much of that.

I made pepper jelly anyway.  Thinking I would give most of it away so that everyone could pour it over that hunk of cream cheese.

Then, November's Sweet As Pie Cooking club selections were published and you would never guess what was on it.  These Pepper Jelly Glazed Carrots.  Wow, it was just meant to be!  Haha!


It made a bright dish with just a touch of zing from the pepper jelly.  Not too sweet and not hot at all. Definitely a different variation from the ususal glazed carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...