Thursday, December 13, 2012

Strings Orchestra Christmas Concert

Uh, my tree is still not decorated.   I just gotta have some Christmas music first!!!

My nephew plays violin in the Florence City Schools Strings Orchestra.   This is such a good program and I enjoy going to their concerts.  (Just overlook the awful photos as I was playing with my camera, should have left it on Auto!)

They display their talents and what they've learned in guitar ensembles, beginner, middle school, and high school string orchestra.  They add in piano and even electric guitar for some presentations.  You can't play Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas Eve/Sarajevo without an electric guitar, now can you?

Christmas Strings

Middle school strings orchestra

High School strings orchestra

 I think I forgot to breathe and you could have heard a pin drop when they played Mannheim Steamroller's version of Silent Night.


Partridge in a Pear Tree
And I laughed out loud as they acted out the 12 Days of Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful concert! I'm amazed at how many are in the orchestra. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...