Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chicken Poppy Seed Salad

I like chicken salad.  My favorite is the one we made at the sub shop where I used to work...chicken, egg, celery, mayo....a very basic recipe.   So I was happy to see a chicken salad recipe selection on the Sweet As Pie Cooking Club menu.  

My stepson and his wife came over to help trim shrubs and clean out flower beds.   Those two accomplished more in one afternoon than I could do in a week!  I'm so grateful for their help, and I watched our little "happy face" grandson, while they knocked out the jungle that had grown in my flower bed.  

We had this chicken salad with wheat thins for lunch.  Actually we ate about half the bowl and it does make a BIG bowl full!   With what seems like random tasty ingredients...grapes, celery, almonds, poppy seeds...I was surprised that none of the flavors really stand out so it kind of all just blends together.  




1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty one. It takes me a loooong time to get anything done outside anymore. Except when the riding mower is involved.

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...