Monday, July 2, 2012

PW Gazpacho

Yes, I've heard of cold soups but have not eaten many.  I admit, I had to get someone to tell me how to pronounce gaz-pa-cho.  I have to think about it to say it correctly, ha ha!  I should get out more often right? 

Now pick a nice warm day to prepare this.   Looking at the record high triple digit temps outside lately, I think that's definitely warm enough.  Actually, it's more like an oven outside and miserable!  Not so nice.

If the garden hasn't burned up already from the hot days and lack of rain, this is the perfect time of year to find some of these ingredients fresh from the garden.


Dice up the veges.  I got in a hurry while dicing and had some "chunks" of veges.


I had to laugh when I saw the ingredient "1/4 gallon tomato juice".  Around these parts, we call that a quart.  Sometimes my math skills are impressive too, I know.  (If you read the PW Gazpacho recipe, you'll get what I'm talking about!)



Now we're getting somewhere with those little flecks of color.


See what I mean by chunks?  Oh well, it still tasted good!


Socks even enjoyed this recipe.  This is what happens when I get in a hurry, chunks may land on the floor!


After adding 6 or 8 or 10 dashes of hot sauce as well as the remaining seasoning, into the frig it goes to chill.    This soup is not spicy at all.  From this point the gazpacho could be seasoned to your preference. 



Serve with avocado and cilantro (not pictured, again in a hurry).  Cilantro is definitely a must in my opinion!  I can pass on the sour cream.  The Bassman probably would have added jalepenos if he had thought about it!


This recipes makes a BIG bowl full! 

Let's see, the first meal it was a side for Publix fried chicken.  The next meal, a side for steamed shrimp and crab legs.  The next, a side for smoked chicken.  And it would be great with a grilled cheese sandwich too!  Yum, maybe I'll have that for lunch...

It goes a long way and it goes with everything! 

Linking with Sweet As Pie Cooking Club

1 comment:

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...