Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Balsamic Vinegar Chicken with Fresh Tomatoes

What's for dinner?  That question was answered quickly!  The same day this recipe for Balsamic Vinegar Chicken with Fresh Tomatoes went up on the Sweet As Pie Cooking Club site it was on my plate that night.

It was very good and as the author says it's clean and healthy.

I added a pat of butter and a little olive oil to the skillet to help with browning the chicken.



The size of chicken breast these days is just unreal.  I sliced each breast in half lengthwise so they were thinner, cooked faster and closer to a realistic portion size.  


While the chicken was browning, I pureed the ingredients for the sauce.   The recipe calls for only half a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and with all that basil and garlic, this could be called Garlic Basil Chicken!


Here's everything ready to go into the oven: the sauce spread over the chicken and the fresh veges spread on top.   My husband doesn't care much for mushrooms so I left them kinda big so he could easily avoid them.  Doesn't that red onion look good?


I baked it about 30 minutes which was probably a little long but I like to make sure the chicken is done.


I served it along with roasted green beans and stewed potatoes.


This month's cooking club recipes are off to a great start with this one!

4 comments:

  1. That looks incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so pretty. And yes, the size of chicken breasts these days is a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! I'm always looking for a new way to cook chicken. I'm like you, though--I find the size of chicken breasts alarming. I usually pound mine with a mallet and then cut them into sensible size portions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness. this look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...