Thursday, March 21, 2013

Roasted Broccoli with Buttered Walnuts

After enjoying all the cooking and eating I do, I might need a cardiologist one day!  Good thing the Sweet As Pie Cooking Club has a resident cardiologist that chooses heart healthy recipes like Roasted Broccoli with Buttered Walnuts for us to try.

Broccoli doesn't naturally get that brown roast texture when roasting it.  I once saw where America's Test Kitchen was searching for the perfect roasted broccoli method and they ended up using sugar to help with the browning.  This recipe uses olive oil which worked quite well.


I think 3 tablespoons is a tad too much butter for the walnuts.  But I'm not complaining, just commenting.


Mix it all together with a squeeze of lemon and that's it!


We had this on a fishing weekend when a couple of fisherman friends were staying with us.  This is not the first cooking club recipe they have eaten and likely won't be the last!  Served as a side with a nice grilled cut of not-so-heart-healthy red meat,  we all enjoyed it.

We eat broccoli often and I was glad to see it on the cooking club menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...